Mayweather Jr vs Marquez - Numero Uno

Posted by Posted by necrologist On 10:32 PM


Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Juan Manuel Marquez, the HBO Pay-Per-View fight which known as “Number One / Numero Uno” originally was scheduled last July 18, 2009… but as Mayweather had his training, he suffered a rib injury which forced the postponement of the said match. The fight will now rescheduled in the conjunction with the Mexican Independence Day which traditionally a huge boxing weekend. FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. VS JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ

On Mayweather Jr. vs Marquez, Mayweather said “I am relieved to be cleared to fight as I was already lookings forward to getting back into the ring”, Mayweather’s opponent which he able to defeat by TKO was Engleand’s Ricky Hatton which was also beaten by Pacquiao last May 2, 2009 by TKO in 2nd round ONLY. Mayweather Jr. also added "When I get back into the ring, I plan to show my fans what they've been missing these past 18 months. I will destroy Marquez and reclaim my rightful place as boxing's pound-for-pound king all in one night."”

Meanwhile, Marquez who was a 5-time world champion in 3 weight classes also tries to insert his name into the pound-for-pound debate… but was also beaten by Pacquiao twice. Marquez said "I am glad Mayweather has been cleared to fight and we can get down to business," Marquez said. "My win will be for all the people and entire country of Mexico. I am sure of victory."

0 comments

Post a Comment